PLI New York Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Why You Should Attend
With the Title III federal public crowdfunding provisions of the JOBS Act finally becoming fully effective in May 2016 and a new administration, what does the future hold for marketplace lending and crowdfunding? Will it be a boom or bust? Will Regulation A+ start to pick up speed and grow into the potential many predicted? Will Marketplace Lending finally have a principal regulator or will it continue to have its heels nipped by a patchwork of state and federal rulemakers and the courts? Join us for this one of a kind event to hear from the leading industry lawyers, dealmakers and decision-makers on where we are now and where we may be headed.
What You Will Learn
- Update from Washington and State Houses on Developments in Crowdfunding and Alternative Finance
- Learn about state-only crowdfunding laws
- Understand where we are on OCC Special Purpose Fintech charters
- Stay current on Securitization issues after Madden
- Understand the challenges in running an Equity Crowdfunding Platform
- Spotlight on Real Estate Marketplace Lending
Who Should Attend
This seminar is geared to attorneys in private practice, in-house counsel, and other business professionals who seek a practical overview of key issues that arise in crowdfunding and peer-to-peer lending space.
CrowdCheck CEO Sara Hanks will be speaking on the 10am panel "State Regulation of Crowdfunding and Capital-Raising: Necessary Tool or Unwanted Nuisance?"